The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) tracks the average cost of breast augmentation and other cosmetic and reconstructive procedures each year. While these figures can provide an indication of the basic pricing of these procedures, it is important to note that they may not reflect the entire cost. Combining procedures – let’s say a breast augmentation with lift – would of course introduce a new cost dynamic. Furthermore, factors such as your location, the type of breast augmentation you want to have, your surgeon’s experience, anesthesiologist fees, and more.
In this article, we highlight some of the features to keep in mind while calculating the total cost of surgery for your specific needs.
|Average national costs tend to range between $3,500 and $15,000. In Baton Rouge, the majority of patients can expect the cost to stay within this range depending on the specifics of their breast augmentation surgery.|
Factors contributing to the total cost of breast augmentation
The total cost of your breast enlargement procedure will be determined by the following factors:
- Type of breast augmentation – breast enlargement procedures can be categorized into three basic types:
- Augmentation with implants – implant-based breast enlargement tends to be the cheapest (in many cases). Advances in implant manufacturing technology have helped drive the cost of these devices down over the last few decades.
- Fat transfer breast augmentation – procedures that are completed using fat grafting techniques tend to be most expensive.
- Hybrid augmentation – some breast enlargement procedures may be completed using a combination of both implants and fat transfer. The cost of this type of cosmetic breast surgery lies in the middle.
- Providers – more qualified and experienced plastic surgeons can be expected to charge significantly more compared to inexperienced practitioners. Working with an experienced surgeon, however, may pay off because there’s a higher likelihood of attaining a satisfactory outcome.
- Anesthesiologist – anesthesiologist fees are usually included when computing our total breast enlargement cost. Keep in mind that these fees will vary based on the anesthesiologist’s skills, training, education, and experience. The type of anesthesia administered will also have a bearing on the cost of your surgery.
- Location – according to the ASPS, procedures completed along the east and west coasts of the country tend to be more expensive (usually due to higher demand and higher surgeon skills).
- Recovery – recovery expenses are often forgotten when computing the total cost of breast enlargement surgery in Baton Rouge LA. Patients need to purchase prescription medication and items such as compression garments. The cost of missed work and follow-up visits may also play up to your total expenses.
Note: the information provided here highlights general estimates. The most accurate cost for your procedure is determined at our office on a case-by-case basis.
Get a comprehensive cost estimate for your breast augmentation surgery
During your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Ruston Sanchez, the surgeon’s office will provide a customized cost estimate to help you make arrangements for financing. You’ll also get an opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding the costs and financing options during this initial visit to the plastic surgeon’s office.