Fat transfer breast enlargement – also referred to as natural breast augmentation – is a special type of breast augmentation that may be possible for certain women. Unlike implant breast surgery (where saline or silicone implants are used), natural fat transfer entails using fat from the patient’s own body to complete the augmentation. For instance, plastic surgeons will use liposuction to remove excess fat from the abdomen, hips, thighs, or flanks and then use it to add volume and size to the breasts. For qualified women, fat transfer breast augmentation can have unique benefits.
Ideal candidates for fat transfer breast augmentation
You may be a good candidate for breast augmentation using fat grafting if you meet specific requirements.
- Breast appearance – you are unhappy with the volume, shape, and/or symmetry of your breasts. These adverse changes in breast appearance may have resulted from weight loss, pregnancy, or aging.
- Health – qualified candidates for natural breast augmentation should be in good physical and mental health. Physical health is important to ensure that your body is in good enough shape to handle the surgery. Mental health is a requirement to make sure that you can cope with the procedure itself and the subsequent recovery process.
- Expectations – unlike implant breast augmentation, fat transfer techniques can only achieve a modest increase in breast size. It is thus important that patients have realistic expectations regarding the outcome of this procedure.
- Donor areas – you need to have excess fat in other parts of your body that should be removed and used to achieve breast enlargement. Women who are slim or lack enough stubborn fat areas may not be qualified for this technique.
- Time – qualified candidates for fat transfer breast augmentation should have sufficient time to recover from the effects of this surgery. You may need to take time off work to ensure that your body rests and regains its strength.
During your initial fat transfer breast augmentation consultation in Baton Rouge, Dr. Ruston Sanchez will listen to your concerns and conduct tests to ensure that you are qualified for this treatment.