Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is the procedure of choice to remove excess fat and skin from the lower belly area – especially when diet and exercise aren’t helping. Your surgeon will also work to tighten and tone a protruding, lax abdomen, which is often the result of pregnancy or massive weight loss. Your surgeon customizes the procedure to each patient’s specifications with the goal of achieving a well-toned, natural appearing abdominal contour. Although plastic surgery for a tummy tuck will effectively eliminate fat and tighten abdominal muscles, it is not a solution for weight loss. Your doctor will recommend that patients are at or near their ideal weight before having this treatment. If you intend to lose weight in the foreseeable future, the surgeon may recommend that you postpone the surgery.
Who is a Candidate for a Tummy Tuck in Baton Rouge?
During your initial consultation at our facility, the surgeon will take your health and medical history, cosmetic goals and expectations into consideration and let you know whether this procedure is for you. Generally, though, good candidates for tummy tucks in Louisiana are men or women who:
- Have been unable to achieve their desired abdominal appearance via diet and exercise
- Have excess fat and hanging skin
- Have loose abdominal skin or stretched muscles (usually as a result of pregnancy)
- Want to get rid of unsightly skin and fat in the abdominal areas in order to achieve a more flattering appearance
Although plastic surgery for a tummy tuck will effectively eliminate fat and tighten abdominal muscles, it is not a solution for weight loss. Your doctor will recommend that patients are at or near their ideal weight before having this treatment. If you intend to lose weight in the foreseeable future, the surgeon may recommend that you postpone the surgery.
Benefits of a Tummy Tuck in Baton Rouge
A tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgery procedure designed to remove excess skin and fat while also tightening underlying muscles in the lower belly. When undergoing a tummy tuck, LA patients experience the following benefits:
- Removed stretch marks – Because your tummy tuck entails the removal of excess loose skin in the abdominal area, this automatically takes care of stretch marks.
- Removed stubborn fat – Many patients who have achieved healthy weight are left with patches of stubborn fat that won’t improve with diet and exercise alone. Your tummy tuck surgeon typically uses liposuction to get rid of this persistent fat and produce a better-defined midsection.
- Tighter abdominal muscles – Weight gain, pregnancy, and natural aging can take their toll on abdominal muscles – causing them to be stretched and separated. These loose muscles will then cause a permanently protruding abdomen that is nearly impossible to repair via exercise. During the surgery, your doctor will repair these muscles and return them to their initial location, creating a well-toned midsection appearance.
- Improved confidence – saggy skin, weak muscles, and excess fat in the belly area can cause embarrassment and negatively impact a person’s self-confidence. In order to achieve the best tummy tuck Louisiana patients can hope for, your surgeon eliminates all these problems and achieves a flatter (more attractive) abdominal contour that will give you a confidence boost.
Types of Tummy Tucks
We offer 3 different types of tummy tucks to choose from, depending on the needs of each patient.
Mini Tummy Tuck
This procedure is performed when only a small amount of fatty tissue and excess skin needs to be removed below the belly button. A mini tummy tuck is a great procedure choice for patients whose exercise and diet efforts have plateaued, leaving a small “pooch” just below the belly button. The surgeon will make a minimal incision above the pubic area and use it to get rid of the excess fat and skin.
Full Tummy Tuck
This is a more comprehensive procedure involving a horizontal incision between the hip bones. The surgeon will also create an additional incision around the navel. The goal of this procedure is to remove excess skin and use liposuction to contour the abdomen. Stretched or separated belly muscles are also tightened. This type of tummy tuck is very common, particularly with women who have undergone pregnancy or childbearing.
Extended Tummy Tuck
An extended tummy tuck is meant for patients who need a significant amount of fatty tissue and skin eliminated from their lower abdominal area, hip, or ‘love handle’ areas. The surgeon will create an incision around the navel and between the hip bones, extending all the way into the lower back in order to remove large amounts of unwanted fat and excess skin from the flanks, thighs, and abdomen. This type of invasive procedure is common for patients who are looking for a well-toned abdominal appearance after massive weight loss.
Your Tummy Tuck Procedure
A tummy tuck is an outpatient procedure that is usually performed under general anesthesia and takes 2 – 5 hours to complete. Your Baton Rouge tummy tuck surgeon performs this surgery in his state-of-the-art, in-office operating room. He works with a team of highly experienced support staff to ensure optimal patient care and safety.
The precise surgical procedure – including the incision placement and extent of tissue removal – will be determined based on the patient’s unique requirements. During your initial consultation, Dr. Ruston Sanchez will examine your midsection skin, fat deposits, and muscle. If you need minor cosmetic surgery to remove small amounts of excess skin and fat, a mini tummy tuck may be ideal. Most patients, however, require a total tummy tuck with liposuction in order to attain the desired cosmetic outcome.
How much does a tummy tuck cost in Baton Rouge?
The cost of a tummy tuck in Baton Rouge may vary between $4,000 and $16,700 depending on the type of tummy tuck the patient needs. A tummy tuck Baton Rouge cost will not only vary depending on factors such as the primary surgical methods but also facility fees. Mini tummy tucks can cost as little as $4,000. More involving fulll abdominoplasty (such as a total tummy tuck) can go up to $16,700 in procedure cost.
$4,000 to $10,000
Average Recovery Time
Varies per patient
Average Procedure Time
2 – 5 Hours
How much will this procedure cost?
Is abdominoplasty a safe procedure?
What will scarring look like?
Scarring is inevitable after a tummy tuck and any other surgical procedure for that matter. However, your surgeon uses the smallest possible incisions in order to achieve the desired results while minimizing scarring. The surgeon will also provide post-op scar care tips that can help make scars less visible over time.