BREAST AUGMENTATION IN BATON ROUGE, LA
Breast Augmentation & Implants
Dr. Ruston Sanchez performs breast augmentation in Baton Rouge for women who want to increase their breast size with implants or fat grafting. Breast augmentation is the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the United States as well as Louisiana. In 2018, a total of 313,000 women received this procedure in order to enhance their body image and self-confidence. Many breast augmentation patients from Baton Rouge and surrounding areas seek a plastic surgeon’s expertise in order to create a fuller and shapelier appearance. While open to almost every woman, this procedure is more common with women who have small breasts and are looking to restore volume, as well as women whose breasts have deflated following weight loss or childbirth. A plastic surgeon will typically use breast implants to achieve the desired augmentation results. From the first visit all the way to recovery, he listens to you carefully and takes your concerns and desires into consideration.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation in Louisiana
Many Louisiana women who receive a breast augmentation from a plastic surgeon experience multiple benefits, including:
- Enhanced contours – breast augmentation usually enhances the proportionality of the breasts to the rest of the body, improving overall contours.
- Natural appearance – many of your doctor’s breast augmentation patients desire to have new breasts that look and feel as natural as possible.
- Fuller breasts – Your plastic surgeon will use various surgical approaches, including implants or fat transfer, to achieve the patient’s desired breast size.
- Increased confidence – one of the main benefits of this aesthetic procedure is enhancing confidence and body image.
A breast augmentation surgery doctor understands that the goals of each patient are different. Thus, he will carefully listen to concerns and desires and create a treatment plan that yields the most beneficial outcome for you.
Who is a Candidate?
Almost every woman over the age of 18 and in good overall health can have this procedure to enhance the shape or size of their breasts. Because this is a highly personalized treatment, you should only move forward out of your own volition and not due to pressure from a spouse or friend. Generally speaking, good candidates for breasts implants in Louisiana include women who:
- Have small or asymmetrical breasts
- Desire a more appealing or better-proportioned contour
- Have breasts that have been negatively affected by weight loss, pregnancy, or aging
- Are looking for cosmetic adjustments after having a breast reconstruction
You will be required to stop smoking a few weeks before the procedure. During your initial consultation with your breast augmentation surgeon, he will ask detailed questions, examine your breasts, and let you know whether this procedure is for you.
Types of Breast Implants
When it comes to breast augmentation in LA, you can select from three different types of implants:
These are usually filled with a sterile salt-water solution. Because the implant pocket is inserted first and filled later, a much shorter incision is required.
The majority of Baton Rouge breast augmentation procedures are performed using silicone implants. These entail a silicone shell that is filled with silicone gel. Silicone implants typically require a slightly longer incision than saline implants because they come pre-filled.
Saline vs Silicone Gel Implants
- Contains 0.9% injectable sodium chloride
- Implant pocket is inserted during surgery, then filled later by the plastic surgeon
- Results in a firm breast appearance
- Wrinking and rippling are more common
- When it happens, deflation is usually visible
Silicone Gel Implants
- Contains a gel silicon matrix
- Silicone gel comes pre-filled by the manufacturer
- Results in a softer, more natural breast feel
- Wrinking and rippling problems are less common
- Implant rupture is silent and usually not noticeable, imaging scans required to monitor the status of the implant
Choosing the Right Breast Implant
Your plastic surgeon will use his experience and understanding of the various implants’ shapes, sizes, and models to help you make an informed choice. Typically, the following factors will come into play when selecting breast implants for your surgery:
- Size – Implant size is measured using cubic centimeters (CCs). To determine the precise volume for your surgery, your surgeon will take into account what size you wish to attain, and how much breast tissue exists in your chest.
- Shape – Implants come in varied shapes to suit differing preferences. The majority of women prefer the rounded shape that appears more natural while also adding fullness to the top of the breast. Some patients may opt for teardrop-shaped implants that lower the risk of rupture whilst maintaining a natural firmness.
- Profile – The profile (projection) of the implant is another important consideration. Depending on the kind of results you are looking for, you may choose from low to ultra high implant profiles.
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Also referred to as natural breast augmentation or fat grafting, this procedure entails using fat extracted from other areas of the patient’s body to augment the breasts. Fat grafting breast augmentation in Baton Rouge is fairly new and is usually ONLY possible for women who desire very modest increases in size (e.g. less than a single cup size). The patient must have a high enough BMI in order to achieve their breast size increase. This will be discussed with your surgeon during your fat transfer breast augmentation in Baton Rouge Louisiana.
Breast Implants Baton Rouge: The Procedure
Prior to the surgery, your Baton Rouge breast augmentation surgeon will determine the implant location and incision placement. A small incision – about 4 cm long – will be placed under the inframammary fold where it is well hidden under swimsuits and undergarments. Depending on the goals of the surgery or preferences of the patient, the surgeon may also make a periareolar (around the nipple) or transaxillary (in the armpit) incision. Your doctor takes precise care to make sure that the scarring is as limited as possible.
Once the appropriate incision has been created, Dr. Ruston Sanchez will insert the implant into a pocket under your pectoral muscles, or just behind the natural breast tissue. Often, Dr. Ruston implements a popular and effective “dual-plane” technique where he carefully dissects under the muscle and partially over the muscle to allow optimal breast shaping and contour with implant placement. The implant insertion and placement method will be determined by the type of implant and degree of change required. Incisions will then be closed using sutures, surgical tape, or skin adhesives.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Like any other surgery, breast augmentation is incredibly taxing on the body. You will feel extremely tired and sore in the days following the procedure. Dr. Ruston Sanchez will ask you to get plenty of rest. Swelling and bruising are common following this procedure but usually subsides within a couple of weeks. You will be required to wear a soft, supportive post-surgical bra throughout the recovery period. This is important because it supports the positioning of the implant during recovery. Your surgeon may also perform breast massage techniques to avoid capsular contracture – a common side effect of implant-based augmentation. Many patients are able to resume their daily work routines within a few days after the surgery. Full recovery can be expected in 6 weeks.
Varies by patient
Average Recovery Time
Average Procedure Time
Same day, usually 1 – 2 hours
How much does breast augmentation cost?
The cost of a “boob job” will vary from one patient to another depending on the types of implants selected, the surgeon’s experience, type of anesthesia used, and surgical facility costs. During your initial consultation with your plastic surgeon, Dr. Ruston Sanchez and his team will create a detailed cost breakdown for you.
Will insurance cover the cost of my surgery?
Insurers do not cover the cost of cosmetic breast implant surgery because it is considered to be an elective procedure.